The Carmencita Grant
in partnership with Kodak Professional Europe
Helping photographers is in Carmencita’s DNA, we work as hard as we can behind the scanners to bring the best out of every negative but we want to take it one step further. We want to put some skin on the table and offer a proper sponsoring for those projects that need to see the light, everything is planned but need an extra push to make it breath.
When we dreamed about a grant we were ambitious, we know how hard it is for artists to make projects come to life, and we couldn’t do it alone if we wanted to offer a complete grant. That’s why we reached out to our dream partner,
and boy they were as excited as we are to work side by side!
We couldn’t be more proud to announce that Kodak Professional Europe is joining the grant contributing
with the fresh film needed to make the project move forward.
If you have a project that you want to develop, give it a read. We are eager to hear from you!
Next Opening: September 1st, 2023
In order to promote the photographic creation and the role of film in the digital era, Carmencita Film Lab in partnership with Kodak Professional Europe launches a call to select future projects that require sponsorship in order to move forward.
This call aims to help proposals & projects based on film photography that require film and services of development and scanning in order to succeed and be completed. The initiative is aimed at photographers and cultural managers who, individually or collectively, require these services to develop their project.
The goal of the grant is to provide aid to projects with a solid projection and standards of quality that match the ones stablished by both Carmencita Film Lab & Kodak Professional Europe, if none of the submissions are able to match those requirements, the grant can be left empty till the next convening.
Any person of legal age without distinction of nationality, age or sex, individually or collectively is welcome to participate. The call is open to any topic without restrictions of format or support. Projects that involve an artistic an /or educational value, as well as collaborative projects and those with a social objective, will be positively valued.
An unlimited number of projects per person or group will be accepted, being these exclusively for non-commercial use. No proposal of explicitly violent content or that violates the privacy of third parties will be accepted, as well as any proposal that incurs a crime.
Applictions will be send online using our Application Form. To complete the application you will be asked the following
– Contact information
– A Dossier that contains:
– Short synopsis
– Technical datasheet/Documentation
– Film needs (approximate number of rolls needed, type of process, film format)
– Project Schedule
– Projection and scope
– Curriculum Vitae including samples of previous works
If you can’t complete the application using the online platform you can also send it to us in a single pdf by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (20Mb max.)
The selected projects will be supported with film of the desired stock from Kodak Professional Europe and the developing & scanning services offered by Carmencita Film Lab. The grant extends up to a maximum of 50 rolls, of any format or type of film.
The service will not be performed with rolls that do not belong to the sponsored project, even if the maximum is not met. In no case the film or services will be exchanged for their economic equivalent or stored for future projects.
Carmencita Film Lab is open to the reception of proposals only during the time specified above. A maximum period of two months is established to accept the proposals from the moment of their submission.
There will be an evaluation of all the projects submited once the application period finishes. We will do our best to respond to all the submissions, although the time frame for providing an answer might vary depending on the availablility of resources from the lab at the given moment.
Once this deadline has expired, if the proposals have not received a response by Carmencita Film Lab they shall be considered as not accepted.
1. The person responsible for the selected projects undertake the commitment to include the logos of Kodak Professional Europe and Carmencita Film Lab in any communication or publication related to the sponsored project, either publicly, on social networks, printed or digital media, etc.
2. Those responsible are committed to notify both companies of any diffusion or publication of the sponsored project.
3. The images produced will belong exclusively to the author or authors of the project. Carmencita Film Lab and Kodak Professional Europe reserves the right to use them without financial compensation for communication of their services either in social networks, mailing or print advertising, referencing in all cases to the author/s.
4. The submitted projects, whether selected or not, will be the exclusive property of their authors and both Carmencita Film Lab and Kodak Professional Europe are firmly committed not to diffuse them if not selected or make use of the ideas presented without their consent.
*The submission of any project implies a complete acceptance of all it’s conditions stated above
in beautiful partnership with: